Oh my….yummy dessert!
The thing that everyone waits for at the end of the meal!
It doesn’t matter if it’s chocolate, fruit-filled, or a frozen treat…just as long as it is there to satisfy your taste buds.
We happen to be “chocoholics” in our house so we decided to share our mousse recipe with you to kick off this great dessert month!
It’s relatively easy but needs to made ahead of time in order to set. So that’s the hardest part….remembering to get it made in time for dinner!
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup milk (we use Lactaid)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur or rum OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold whipping cream
- Additional whipped cream and raspberries(optional)
1. Stir together sugar and gelatin in small saucepan; stir in milk. Let stand 2 minutes to soften gelatin. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
2. Remove from heat. Immediately add small chocolate chips; stir until melted. Stir in liqueur OR vanilla; cool to room temperature.
3. Beat whipping cream in small bowl until stiff and then gradually add chocolate mixture, folding just until blended.
4. Spoon into two serving dishes. Refrigerate until set (for a few hours).
5. Garnish with additional whipped cream and raspberries, if desired.
We rarely make just one recipe of this dessert (honestly, can’t think of even one time). Doubling or tripling it is the way to go….and using ramekins you can fill them to the rim.
It was the American writer, Ernestine Ulmer, who said, “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”
Needless to say, we most wholeheartedly AGREE!