Monica (mom) says:
Yesterday was my birthday! And as I was waking up to the smell of something delicious, I was really hoping that it was scones!
Can I tell you how happy I was that my husband got up early to bake these for me?
The recipe uses Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix as the base and has scrumptious dried cranberries and fresh orange juice in it! To add even more flavor, Lewie adds in extra orange zest and pulp, too!
Look at the presentation! Isn’t he the best??
You’re thinking….how did she eat just one?
The plate “says” it all….I had a thankful heart and was so grateful for a plateful!
Here is the recipe that he has been using for many years! He found it online, so many thanks to RecipeZaar!
© 2014, Monica of glutenfreedoubletalk
Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe #366484
27 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 10, 10 scones
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 1/3 cups Pamela’s Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the dried cranberries to the orange juice and set aside. (This allows the cranberries to get plump and juicy).
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter using two knives.
- Add the beaten egg, milk, orange juice/cranberry mixture, vanilla, and orange zest. Mix together with a fork. The batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Drop large, tall dollops onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. About 1/4 cup of batter will make for even scones.
- Bake for 15-17 until lightly browned.
|© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com|
2 thoughts on “Birthday Scones!”
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing
You’re welcome! They are my favorite scones!